29 May 2015

Solo baking session: OATMEAL COOKIES

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I last blogged.

I bought this 1kg oatmeal a few months ago and I found out that I still left 3/4 of it untouched. So I bought the ingredients for the cookies and decided to bake them to minimise the wastage. 


I borrowed the handmixer from my aunt but she forgot to put the whisks inside hence I had to use spoon instead.

( Did you spot the '1kg' label? )

I weighed and lay down the ingredients I needed.


After I mixed the butter and brownsugar  together...

I added an egg and 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence ( it's suppose to be vanilla extract but I couldn't find it when I was shopping for it ).

So you'll have this consistency.

In a seperate bowl, mix the baking powder and flour together and salt. ( But I bought salted butter hence I did not add in salt ).

Dump the flour-baking soda mixture in the previous bowl and mixed it. 

Lastly, you pour the oatmeal into the mixture.



Scoop the mixture on a wax paper and pop it into the pre-heated oven. Take it out after 12-15mins until it turned brownish ( crispy on the outside and soft in the inside )

Now the cookies are ready to be eaten :)

Lesson learnt : for easier mixing, do not add in lumps of brown sugar or flour. Seperate them by whisking ( mixing with a spoon ) first. I got the information online and I didn't try it before, so the next time I bake this cookie and follow this method, I'll report back to you if it really makes mixing much easier.

One container for my grandmother ( special delivery ).

One container to be kept at home.

And a zip lock bag to share with my friends for the hotel stay-overnight.

Comments received : 
• my grandma and dad said that it was too sweet for them after they eaten it and my dad say it was tasty
• my friends said it was ' not bad ' and one of my friend even wanted to order one container of cookies from me and was willing to pay. ( i was stunned by her offer )
• this friend said that it was ' okay ' but she claimed that she was hungry even after a heavy meal and finished the whole packet of cookies. ( seriously -.- )


And the next day, I went to Conrad Hotel for one-night stay with my friends. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment