26 November 2016

October & November Reads

" Hello Everyone! " 🙋

I am going to share all the books I read during the month of October ( and November ). I cannot remember if I mentioned this but I read so much books in that month, which was probably the most books I've ever read in my entire life. ( CRAP! I accidentally stubbed my big toe. Ffffff -lowkey swearing- that was painful☹️ ). Where was I? Right... I was reading so much because I was actually enjoying my school holidays, which means I had more free time to pick up a book to read 👍. 

Guess how many books I read: 14! (excluding that one and only book I read during November)
The amount might be little to some of you but I am proud of myself. *patting myself on the back*

If you happened to be interested in any of the books I mentioned, click on the book title for more information ( is it me or do I sound like a YouTuber just now?🤔 )



It took me 45 minutes later realise that if I continued to rate and reviewed all the books I read, this post would be 100 pages long and took me probably 5 hours to complete. So I decided to list out the books I read and briefly talk about my favorite 5.

'All the Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven
Ratings: 📚📚📚📚📚/5
                 ( 5 OVER 5! )
Review: This book talks about two people who met in the school bell tower, both wanting to jump (aka commit suicide) and things escalated from there. It touches on mental illness, friendship, love and how love can influence someone significantly. The story line was something I have never came across so it was interesting and it honestly made me think about life in a different way. Also, I might had a little crying session after reading it.

' Crash Series ' by Nicole Williams
Book 1 | Book 2 | Book 3
Overall Rating: 📚📚📚📚/5
Review: I love love LOOOVE this trilogy so much! This is your typical bad boy and good girl kind of thing. The book started off with Lucy, a ballet dancer and Jude Ryder, a rebel with a very complicated past. Both met at a beach which then found out that they went to the same school. I felt that I was watching them 'grow' and mature as I complete one book after another. It's like I was one of them! However, I didn't rate this series higher because I liked the third book much more. As compared to the first two, the story line for the last book is much more intense (which I like), but I still LOVE this series in general. I think if you are into romance and, boy boys and good girls, you would enjoy this book. Fun fact, I discovered this book in one of abookutopia's video, in fact of all the books I read, about 6 of them were recommended by this Youtuber.

' My Life Next Door ' by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Ratings: 📚📚📚📚/5
Review: It was about this girl called Samantha, the only child, and her mother was a politician. So you can kind of have an idea of the lifestyle a politician has just by reading this book. Then there was this guy called Jase, he has many siblings, and his family background/life is a total opposite of Samantha's. So this book shows how two of them, with a totally different family background interact. Honestly, this book taught me quite a handful of things, such as: how a career could impact a family's lifestyle, and how someone has this much influence on others. I enjoyed reading it and it gets intense at the second half of the book.

' Everything Everything ' by Nicola Yoon
Overall Rating: 📚📚📚📚/5
Review: This book is another great book, just like " All the Bright Places "-it has an interesting story line, that I never came across (too). Basically, the book revolves around Madeline and Olly. What was so special about this book is that Madeline aka Maddy, has this disease/illness called Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID). It essentially means that she is allergic to everything. So she has to stay at home and when people came for a visit, they had to undergo an extreme sanitizing treatment. Then there was Olly, who just moved beside Maddy's apartment and they started talking online which soon became much more. This is a really good book, and there might be a plot twist too...

' Anna and the French Kiss ' by Stephanie Perkins
Ratings: 📚📚📚📚/5
Review: This book talks about a girl named Anna who traveled to Paris, France, to complete her studies and met this boy in school. However ( like any other novels ), the boy already has a girlfriend, so the situation is a little complicated. The love triangle yaknow? It touches on friendship, managing family problems and more. This was another book that made me teared while reading it, so 👍👍.. I just love it when a book made me feel all the emotions, as if I was one of them. You know what I mean? 

' Perfect Chemistry ' by Simone Elkeles
Overall Rating: 📚📚📚📚/5

' The Selection Series ' by Kiera Cass
Book 1| Book 2| Book 3
Overall Rating:  📚📚📚/5

' Beautiful Disaster ' by Jamie McGuire
Overall Rating: 📚📚📚/5

' Marked ' by P.C. Cast
Overall Rating: 📚/5

' The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up ' by Marie Kondo
Overall Rating: 📚📚📚📚/5
Review: This was the only book I read during the month of November. The difference in quantity for October and November though... The only reason I picked up this book was: my room is ALWAYS messy. Even after I tidied my room, it will revert back into a mess a week later. Honestly, this book really helped me a lot, in terms of getting rid of things and make my room clutter-free, which I always struggled with. So you might want to give it a try, if you are like me, a super lazy/messy person.

Phewww! *wiping sweat on forehead* That was a lot of typing involved...
Nonetheless, I hoped this post is helpful to you people who wanted to pick up a book to read.


Xxx
-     W

No comments:

Post a Comment